Battle mode is a game mode that matches players against other human players. There are two versions of Battle: Unranked battle and Ranked battle. Battle mode can be accessed through the 'Battle' button from the main page.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
In Battle you can play against human opponents to get different rewards. Battle mode allows player to:
- get experience to reach new level
- complete daily quests
- get 30+ gold reward for each victory
Battle is the main mode to play using constructed decks. It allows to select a custom deck of their choice before searching for opponent. To the top right of the screen player can select what Battle they want to play: Unranked or Ranked. The two modes are functionally identical: two players do battle using constructed decks of their choosing. However, Unranked matches are 'friendly' matches and Ranked matches take place within a ranked system, and offer special rewards. To start searching for match, the player must first select a deck with which to do battle. There are 12 deck slots which allows to switch between different decks. After that player can start to search for opponent using 'Play' button at the bottom right screen.
Casual Battle[edit | edit source]
Casual (or unranked) battle allows you to play without worrying about losing rank. Playing in Casual mode is a good way to learn game mechanics, practice with new decks, and learn card mechanics. Players still receive experience and can complete daily quests or win gold. However, players can’t earn rewards from Ranked mode at the end of the season.
Ranked Battle[edit | edit source]
Ranked battle is the serious version of Casual battle, where players can earn special ranks to get rewards and reflect their power in this season. There are 25 regular ranks, and an extra rank, 'God' above that. 'God' rank additionally shows the player's precise numerical ranking and are sorted by player Elo rating. Ranked play occurs in seasons, each a month long. Ranks are numbered in decreasing order (the smaller the number, the higher the rank).
Ranks[edit | edit source]
New players start at rank 25. To progress to the next rank, a player must accumulate a specified number of "stars" or points. Winning games will reward players with stars. Losing a game will remove one star from a player. Players can earn stars by winning games and can earn additional stars if the game was won under special situations.
- Winning any ranked match awards 1 star.
- The first time a player wins a ranked match each day, 1 additional star is awarded.
- Winning a ranked match against a "much stronger" opponent awards 1 additional star. Any opponent that is 5 ranks above you is considered much stronger.
- Winning a ranked match while on a winning streak awards 1 additional star. A player who has won 3 consecutive games or more is considered to be on a winning streak. Practice mode, casual battles, adventure mode, and Pandora mode do not count in the streak tracking.
Each rank has a specific number of slots waiting to be filled with stars. When a player fills their rank with stars they get a new rank (in decreasing order). Once a player has filled rank 1 with stars they reach 'God' rank. All ranks are reset at the end of the season to the bottom of the current leauge (for 'God' rank it is rank 10). Note, that each league requires a different number of stars to progress to the next rank:
- Ranks from 20 to 16 requires 3 stars
- Ranks from 15 to 11 requires 4 stars
- Ranks from 10 to 1 requires 5 stars
These ranks represent the League system. Reaching ranks 20, 15, or 10 will raise a player to a new League.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once you reached a new League you can’t be demoted from it or lose ranks below each reached checkpoint (25, 20, 15, 10)
- Losing matches while you have 0 stars will demote you to previous rank (if you are not already at the last rank in League)
Seasons[edit | edit source]
Each month of Ranked battle is called a season. Seasons end on the first Monday of the month. At the start of each season ranks are reset, with each player's new rank determined by their rank at the end of the previous season. Player Ranks will be set to the following numbers:
Current player rank → Rank after each reset
Ranks 20 to 25 → Rank 25
Ranks 15 to 19 → Rank 20
Ranks 10 to 14 → Rank 15
Ranks God to 9 → Rank 10
For example, this means that if you were God rank this season, after the reset you will start again at Rank 10.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Players achieving these ranks will receive the following rewards at the end of a season.
- Rank 20 or better → 1 Pandora Ticket.
- Rank 15 or better → 3 Pandora Tickets and a unique seasonal card back.
- God ranks → 5 Pandora Tickets and hidden reward (will change).